Hello to all the enthusiastic trekkers,
We Swachhand are planning to go for the much awaited – Shrawan Special Trek to – “Bhimashankar” via Shidi Ghat on Dt.10th Aug,2013 to 12th Aug,2013
Duration: 10/08/2013 TO 12/08/2013 (Journey Starts on Saturday Night i.e. 10/08/2013)
Meeting point: 10/08/2013 At Bhandup Rly. Station 11.30 p.m. (platform No. 1 below indicator).
(All are requested to please take your KARJAT RETURN TRAIN TICKET)
Mode of Transport: Local Transport
Little about the Trek:
Type: One of the 12 Jyotirlingas of India Height: 3250 feet above sea level- approx
Grade: Difficult but Easy Base Village: Khandas, Nanadgaon
Places to See:
Lord Shiva Temple: Bhimashankar Temple is located in the village of Bhorgiri 50 km North West of Khed, near Pune. There is a beautiful temple of Lord Shiva which is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas in India. It is a modest yet graceful temple and it dates back to mid 18th century. The shikhara of the temple was built by Nana Phadnavis. This temple is closely associated with the legend of Shiva slaying the demon Tripurasura associated with the invincible flying citadels Tripuras. Shiva is said to have taken abode in the Bhima form, upon the request of the Gods, on the crest of the Sahyadri hills, and the sweat that poured forth from his body after the battle is said to have formed the Bhimarathi River. Bhimashankar is also the source of the Bhima River, which flows south east and merges with the Krishna River near Raichur. A big size bell in Hemadpanthi structure: Built by Nana Phadnavis is also a feature of Bhimashankar.
Other equally important places: Hanuman Lake, Gupt Bhimashankar, Sakshi Vinayak, Origin of River Bhima, Nag Phani from where one can see the view of the Peth fort and Padar, Bombay Point, and lot more. Bhimashankar is conserved forest area and wildlife sanctuary where a variety of birds, animals, flowers, plants can be seen. A rare animal “Shekru” can be found in deep woods. Bhimashankar is worth visited for jungle lovers and trekkers as well as for pilgrims.
Routes to Bhimashankar: There are two routes to Bhimashankar from the base village of Khandas, which are most popular among trekkers. 1. Ganesh Ghat: There is a bridge around 2 km from Khandas, and the track going to the right from the bridge is the Ganesh Ghat route. This is the easiest and the longest route to Bhimashankar. Within an hour of trekking along this route you will reach a Ganesh temple. The route ahead will take around 3 hours until you reach the plateau of Bhimashankar, there is a small pond dug out in the ground called ‘Hanuman Tal’. This trek is five hours to six hours long. 2. Shidi Ghat (ladder Route): This one is a shorter route, but difficult especially in the monsoons. The route gets its name from the ladders placed on the steepest parts. The route going to the left of the bridge (mentioned in Ganesh Ghat) goes to the village. On moving ahead you will reach a well, take a left from there to Shidi Ghat. Within the first two hours of climbing you will pass three ladders. You will reach a junction where both the routes – Ganesh ghat and Shidi – merge. There are many huts providing food and tea in middle of trek route. A further 1 ½ hour trek takes us besides a pond. The road, which goes to the left from this pond, takes us to the temple.
The itinerary for the trek is as given below:
Day 01 – 10TH Aug,2013
11.30 pm: Meeting point at Bhandup Rly. Station
11.45 pm: Board the Karjat Train from Bhandup Rly.Station
Day 02 – 11TH Aug,2013
02.30 am: Reach to Karjat Station. and take rest for few hours
05.30 am: Move towards Khandas (Base Vilage) via local transport
07.00 am: Morning Breakfast at Khandas (Base Vilage)
08.00 am: Move towards Bhimashankar via Shidi ghat
11.00 am: Finishing Shidi ghat – Lunch Time –Pls bring lunch from home
14.30 pm: At the top of Bhimashankar
Sightseeing up to 06.30 pm, later relax in your rooms, dinner and overnight stay
(EXPLORATION & LUNCH WILL DURING TREK)
Day 03 – 12TH AUG,2013
06.00 am – 10.30 pm: Darshan of Lord Shiva and Gupt Bhimashankar
11.30 am: Start return journey via Ganesh ghat
05.30 pm: Reach Khandas (Base Village) & move towards Karjat station Arranged vehicle
We shall reach Mumbai by 10.00-10.30 pm on Monday dt.12th Aug,2013
(BREAKFAST & LUNCH WILL BE AT THE TIME OF TREK)
Things to be carried:
●Identity Card, ●Some ready to eat food, ● Water bottle 02 Liters, ● Lunch for Sunday i.e.11th Aug,2013 (Must), ● Polythene bag for your garbage, ●Towel, Napkins, Extra 2 pairs of cloths and Sleeping Mats – (compulsory), ● Torch With Extra batteries – (compulsory ),● Medicine those if u require usually, ● Comfortable shoes, sandals, ● 2-3 bunch of papers,● A haver sacks to put in all the things to be carried… so that one has one hands free while walking, ● Windcheaters, Raincoats, ● camera – Optional
Note: Heavy rains are expected so pls double pack your bags /valuables to save them to getting wet
** Cost for Trek: Rs. 970/- Per person
Cost Inclusions: * Mumbai to Mumbai Transportation via Public Transport,
* Tea, Breakfast, Snacks, Lunch, Dinner during the Trek
* Stay Arrangement * Swachhand Experties charges
Cost Exclusions: * Lunch for Sunday i.e.11/08/2013 & * Personal orders of food & cold drinks
Last Date of Registration: 04th Aug, 2013
Advance for Registration: Rs. 300/-
- Registration will be on ‘FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS’ only.
- Please confirm your seat on or before 04th Aug,2013 by paying your advance Payment of Rs.300/- OR You can pay directly through bank transfers. Kindly get back to us for account details.
- Registrations are only through phone calls.
For More Details & Registration Contact our members at:
Rushikesh Sakhare 9967686828, Pravin Ghude 9920404522,
Ganesh Bhopalgade 9619669104, Sachin Shirawale 9321507040
General Rules / Instructions for the participants and members:-
- Kindly carry Identity proof for the trek.
- Anyone above 12 years can Join the Trek
- Please book your seat (name) well in advance and reconfirm the time and date on the day of departure on phone because program may change due to unavoidable circumstances.
- Bookings for all treks shall close two (2) days before the event date. Bookings shall strictly be on first come first serve basis.
- Each participant shall carry things as above (Please read Things to Carry) for every trek.
- The leader’s decision will be final and all the members should abide by it. Trek leaders have the authority to alter/modify the program/route without intimation.
- We all are committed to keep the trail clean and urges all participants to help the cause by not littering during the trek. Keep all the waste with you and even if you find some waste, collect it and deposit at the base village at the end of the trek. Do not destroy or dirty the archeological, historical monuments.
- Any kind of addiction is strictly prohibited, ex. drinking etc.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Participants should inform the leaders if they suffer from any heart ailments, blood pressure, asthma etc. If the leaders are not informed and any untoward incident takes place, neither the leaders not Swachhand Team will be held responsible.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any mishaps/accidents during the program. Or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- Please read above Instructions/ rules and regulations Carefully. You are bound by the same.
- Print and leave a copy of this mail at home, with a friend or relative in case of Emergency.
- If your friends/relatives coming with you on the trek please do inform them about the trek Rules above. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition, please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR, There will be ample of enjoyment but not at the cost of discipline.
Thanks and Regards,