Aasamant trek to Sudhagad
9th December 2012
Sudhagad is situated in Raigad district near Pali. Sudhagad is situated at height of 2030 sq ft above sea level. This fort was earlier called as ‘Bhorapgad’ later Shivaji Maharaj named it as Sudhagad.
History: Sudhagad was conquered by Shivaji Maharaj in 1648. Thanale caves near this fort are 2000 years old and it signifies that this fort must be ancient. This fort has many historical stories amongst that one where Akbar (son of Aurangzeb) met Chhatrapati Sambhaji Maharaj in the Paatshahpur Village situated at the base of this fort.
What to see on Sudhagad …..
Ø Temple of Goddess Bhorai Devi, Lord Shiva and Hanuman
Ø Pantsachiv Wada.
Ø Two Lakes and Water cisterns
Ø Mahadarwaja, Dindi Darwaja and Pachchapur Darwaja
Ø Chordarwaja (Secret door)
Ø Bastions of the fort well in condition
Ø Remains of old structure
Ø Echo point
Ø From the fort top we can have glimpse of Sarsagad, Tel-Baila and Dhangad.
- First pickup 10.15 pm Borivali (East) Station near 700 A/c bus Stop on Saturday 8th Dec 2012.
- Second Pickup 11.15 pm Thane (East) ticket booking counter on Saturday 8th Dec 2012.
- On 9th Dec 2012 early morning we will reach at Pali Village and take rest.
- After Pali Ganapati Darshan, Tea and snacks we will head towards the base village of Sudhagad.
- We will start climbing Sudhagad and reach on the top in two and half hour. We will see the fort and after Lunch we will get down at base village.
- We will reach Mumbai by 9.30 pm
- Contribution per person is Rs. 950/-
(This includes tea, breakfast, lunch, snacks, and private transport from Borivali to Borivali).
- All our treks are eco-friendly treks, kindly take care of nature around us
- Confirmation of names for Participation is subject to payment of trek fee of Rs. 950/-
- Organizers are not responsible for safety of any valuable items of participants
- Organizers have the authority to make any kind of changes in the program without prior intimation
For enrollment contact us:
Santosh Bhide : 9930660731 Akshay Mulye : 9819212975
Shweta Bandbe : 9892691821 Anil Vesvikar : 9833074106
Vaibhav Bhosle : 9820480382
Log on to www.aasamant.com
Bank details for depositing enrollment fee:
AXIS BANK LTD.
A/c name : Akshay Mulye
A/c No :- 01801 01005 29563
NFS Code – UTIB0000018
Kindly deposit by cheque / Net banking only. Please let us know once you deposit the cheque.